Welcome back to my monthly series where I share my honest opinions on the latest products worth the purchase and products I could definitely do without. June was a whirlwind and came and went very quickly. However, that doesn’t mean I didn’t have time to test out new finds. I’m here to serve up unfiltered opinions. After all, life is too short for disappointing products, right? So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
June Products Worth the Purchase
- ASOS Clothing Haul: I placed an order for my June trip to Michigan at the end of May, and I have to say, ASOS did not disappoint. All of the clothing finds were either the perfect fit or a little bigger than expected (which I prefer to being too small)! I will say, however, that the chunky sandals were a NO-GO. They were super heavy. My newsletter subscribers got to see the order first as products seem to be selling out so quickly! Be sure to subscribe here if you’re interested in seeing what I ordered before it hits IG or TikTok!
- Nike Clothing Haul: I’ve been on the HUNT for athletic apparel for my community! I have to say, Nike slays in the athletic apparel game (and I got some sneakers, too, of course). From leggings to sports bras, Nike remains classic, made with quality, and size inclusive!
- Amazon Apple Watch Bands: I grabbed these to try out from Amazon for a more casual look when it comes to wearing my Apple Watch! They come in a set of three for under $10, and I am absolutely loving them.
- Pillow Sandal Slides from Amazon: I’m loving this new take on the popular pillow sandals. They are super comfortable, match almost anything, and are perfect for a pool, lake, or beach trip. I grabbed a pair just like these from Walmart, and I am so much more impressed by this Amazon pair as they are more comfortable and actually adjust unlike the Walmart pair.
- Amazon Sunglasses: SOJOS on Amazon is consistently one of my favorite sunglass brands! This aviator pair is a new release and already incredibly popular. As always, 10/10 for me. They are great quality and extremely affordable.
- Black Thong Sandals: I was searching for a pair of affordable sandals that would go with everything this summer. I grabbed these from Amazon, and I am obsessed with them. They are under $35, comfortable, and perfect for dressing up or down.
June Beauty Finds Worth the purchase
- Glass Foot File Callus Remover: I wasn’t sure if this was a product I was going to find much use out of. However, I’m always looking for products to help smooth out my heels. This callus remover is EXTREMELY gentle and works like a charm. I’ve even been using it on other rough areas of my body or for removing old self-tanner. Plus, I added this aloe spray to the mix, and rough skin is a problem of the past.
- CurrentBody LED Face Mask: I set out on testing this red-light therapy face mask, and I am extremely impressed with the results. I’ve been using it twice a week for a month now and can already tell a difference. I will definitely keep you updated on whether or not I think it is worth it in the long run.
- Waterproof Ear Support Stickers: I recently ordered some new earrings from Amazon that are much heavier than the earrings I typically wear every day. I decided to test out these earring stickers in hopes of them keeping the heavy earrings in place and not pulling down on my earlobe. You stick them to the back of your ear and then push the earring through the sticker. My review: 10/10!! Whether you have stretched-out earlobes or are just looking for extra support, these WORK!
- Antioxidant Face Tanning Micromist: Coco & Eve sent me this face tanning mist to test out, and I am thoroughly impressed. I don’t typically use self-tanner on my face because it makes my skin dull. Fortunately, this product has changed my mind. I will definitely be restocking when I run out. Plus, if you use code TARYN, you’ll save 15%.
- Osea Body Oil: If you didn’t know, I’ve been doing a MUCH better job at keeping my skin moisturized this year. I’m not sure why I didn’t make it a higher priority before this year, but now I can never go back. I decided to test out the TikTok viral Osea Body Oil to see if it was worth the hype, and I am happy to report, it is! I will definitely be looking to test out some of their other products in the coming months.
- Manucurist Starter Kit: I had been using press-on nails for the longest time because I was getting a bad reaction to the gel polish at nail salons. I decided to try out the Manucurist nail polish that guarantees gel-like wear and shine for up to 10 days. To my surprise, I have already ordered more colors. It doesn’t give me a bad reaction, the polish lasts, AND I don’t have time spend time and money in a nail salon. I reached out to the brand in hopes of getting a discount code with you, and I DID!! Use code NAILSTARYN to save 15%.
- Lotion Applicator: As I said above, making sure my skin is moisturized has become a priority this year. Along with that has come the realization that I absolutely cannot reach my back and my husband hates the feel of lotion. So, I decided to try this random applicator I found on Amazon. Let’s just say my back is finally moisturized and AJ doesn’t have to be the dedicated lotion applicator any longer.
- Iconic London: I shared this bundle from Iconic London on stories a few weeks ago, and I am still getting messages from you all either asking for the discount code or telling me how much you love it. I am not surprised in the least. This Summer Base Bundle gave me the perfect summer glow, and I cannot wait to try more of their products soon.
- Merit Beauty: I have used Merit Beauty’s products for a while now, but when they reached out and asked me to work with them, I couldn’t say yes fast enough. Merit Beauty prioritizes clean beauty products that work, and I loved absolutely everything they sent me. You’ll definitely be seeing Merit Beauty taking over my makeup arsenal.
June Health finds I did love
- Ancient Nutrition Protein Powder: I grabbed this protein powder made from real bone broth from Amazon, and I love it. The flavor is 10/10, and it mixes into my smoothies perfectly. I will definitely be repurchasing.
- Bloat Digestive Enzymes Supplement: If you’re like me, you know the struggle of bloating that goes alongside travel. Since I knew I was going to have a ton of traveling coming up, I decided it was the perfect time to test out this bloat supplement from Amazon. Using it alongside my AG1 every morning left me bloat-free for the first time EVER while traveling.
Products I Didn’t Love
- Electronic Organizer for Travel: I was looking for a more *aesthetic* electronics organizer to pack all of our cords into. Unfortunately, this one was too small, so I’ll be sticking to the tried and true black organizer that has never done me wrong.
- One Shoulder Swimsuit: I ordered quite a few swimsuits from Amazon before I headed to the lake, and while not every single one was a win, this one was a COMPLETE fail. I quite literally had more rolls and dimples than the Michelin Man in this swimsuit. If you have it in your cart, I recommend removing it before you make the same mistake I did.
- Dior Backstage Glow Face Palette: I saw a lot of hype surrounding this palette from Dior. However, I really don’t know why everyone loves this. There is absolutely no pigment and has left me entirely unimpressed considering the price tag.
Products I’m Excited to Try in July
From pillow sandals to nail polish and everything in between, I’ve shared my thoughts on what products are worth the purchase and what are not. And now, it’s your turn. If you tried new products you love or don’t love in My and want to weigh in, drop your thoughts below. I’m always looking for something new to put to the Taryn Truly Test, so bring on the recommendations!